February 11, 2020
The Huntsville AI group gave a presentation on AI/ML at the University of Alambama Huntsville ACM chapter meetup. Here are the notes from the meeting:
Huntsville AI Goes to College
Welcome to Huntsville AI!
What we do at Huntsville AI:
- Application – how to solve a problem with a technology
- Theory – for those times when knowing “How” something works is necessary
- Social / Ethics – Human / AI interaction
- Brainstorming – new uses for existing solutions
- Hands on Code – for those times when you just have to run something for yourself
- Coworking Night – maybe have combined sessions with other groups to discuss application in their focus areas
- Community – get to know others in the field. Provide talks like this one and support local tech events (HATCH, SpaceApps)
Chief Technical Officer at CohesionForce, Inc.
Founder of Session Board & Huntsville AI
Involved in Open Source (Eclipse & Apache Foundations)
Started playing with AI about 15 years ago when Intelligent Agents were all the rage.
Developed a Naive Bayes approach for text classification, a Neural Network for audio classification, heavily into NLP.
Back to why we’re here:
Links for previous sessions: